The lovely blogger The World is a Giant Muse was lovely enough to nominate me for the Liebster Award. So thank you very much! I feel really honoured and flattered that you chose my blog as one of your eleven.
Here is my response to your 11 questions, the people I want to nominate and why I think the Liebster Award is lovely.
1. Link and thank the blogger who nominated you
2. Answer the 11 questions your nominator gives you
3. Tag 11 other bloggers who have 200 or less followers
4. Ask the 11 bloggers you nominated 11 questions and let them know you nominated them!
Here are my answers to TWIAGM’s questions:
What is your favourite genre to read?
This is a really good question, my favourite genres are fantasy, science-fiction, romance, children’s and young adult. I read lots of genres and enjoy them all but probably out of all genres fantasy is my number one.
Least favourite genre?
Erotica, it plays host to some of the worst written books in the fiction world.
How old were you when you discovered your love for books?
I can’t remember a time in my life when I didn’t enjoy books. Because I didn’t know the answer to this question I decided to ask my Mum, according to her she said that I began to love reading at six months. Definitely can’t remember that time in my life, ho hum.
Where is your favourite place to read?
In bed, snuggled up in my duvet with a hot water bottle (the hot water bottle is mainly for winter).
Have you ever tried writing a book of your own?
I’ve written quite a bit, the first few chapters of a book which I could potentially turn into a novel one day. We’ll see what life brings, it would be something that I would really enjoy doing.
Do you have a favourite bookstore?
When I was younger my Mum used to take me to a small bookshop in my local town. It was called Peak Bookshop and I loved it. The day of each Harry Potter book’s release you could pretty much guarantee that I’d have dragged my Mum there. Unfortunately the shop has since closed, quite a few years ago now and the only remaining bookshops are Waterstones and WH Smith. It just goes to show how bookshops can be magical, it felt like going into a special remote place, cut off from the real world when you entered. This is probably why bookshops are so important to me.
Who are your favourite authors?
My favourite authors are J.K Rowling, John Green, Darren Shan, Cassandra Clare, Holly Black, Neil Gaiman, Carole E. Barrowman, John Barrowman and the list just keeps going on…
How did you come up with the name for your blog?
When I created this blog I knew that I wanted to make the main focus books. I think the name of my blog suits it down to a tee as my life seems to feel like books and bookends at times!
Do you always read reviews before beginning a new book or do you just take your chances?
I hardly ever read reviews before reading a book. It’s probably a bad thing but I love to find books with interesting covers and blurbs, then I just tend to dive straight in. Whoops.
Do you prefer to read on electronic devices or from a hard copy of a book?
A bit of both is good for the soul.
Favourite quote from a book?
“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”
Here are the blogs who I want to nominate for the award:
Splashes into Books
Books and Bookmarks
The Bibliophile Chronicles
…and anyone else who loves books and blogging about them!
- What is your favourite book series and why?
- Do you tend to read one book at a time or several ongoing?
- If you could only take three books with you to a desert island, what would they be?
- What are the best and worst books you have ever read?
- What do you think makes a book brilliant?
- If you could enter any book to live, be it a stand alone or a series, what would it be?
- You can choose any device/technology from a book and bring it into reality, what would you choose?
- Do you like cracking the spines on books?
- What’s your favourite thing about book blogging?
- Who are your favourite authors?
- Which books were your childhood favourites?
Thank you to all those who continue to book blog. You make this an amazing community to be part of.
Happy reading and blogging!